Big Island: Captain Cook Historical Dinner Cruise7 Reviews
Journey back in time to when ancient, powerful Kings ruled the rugged, fertile land of the Hawaiian Islands, on this 3-hour dinner cruise to Kealakekua Bay. Travel 12 miles down the Kona Coast to the Captain Cook monument.
- Take a cruise to Kealakekua Bay
- Learn about the history of Hawaii
- Savor a Hawaiian-style buffet dinner
- Enjoy live entertainment onboard
- Refresh yourself with a complimentary cocktail
DescriptionStep aboard and step back in time… Join for an enchanting Hawaiian history lesson from the experts on Kona’s one and only Historical Sunset Dinner Cruise. This three-hour family adventure departing from the Kailua Pier is narrated by a local historian tour guide, who will reveal secrets, tell stories and share legends related to the numerous landmarks along the 12 miles of magnificent Kona coastline. Unwind to Captain Cook’s Monument at Historical Kealakekua Bay (only accessible by boat or hiking) with a complimentary cocktail from a fully stocked, premium bar. Upon arrival, an Island style buffet dinner is served, as you are entertained with fascinating tales of Captain Cook's discoveries and eventual demise. The dinner buffet includes an offering vegetable crudités, assorted cheeses and dips, Lomi ahi tuna dip (appetizer), Kalua pork and braised cabbage, ginger shoyu beef, pineapple glazed chicken, salads, local bread, veggie rice pilaf, dessert, and Kona coffee. Keep an eye out for dolphins, turtles, manta rays, and seasonal humpback whales throughout the evening. Enjoy live music from some of the Big Island's best entertainers performing slack key Hawaiian Style music. Catch the sunset on the water and make sure to look for the famous Green Flash, a fleeting glimmer of intense emerald light that appears on the horizon just after sunset. Other highlights include the Ahu’ena Heiau, the Holua Slide and the famous Kuamo’o Battlefield, just to name a few. A portion of all proceeds from every Historical Cruise is donated to the Kona Historical Society, and other nonprofit organizations for the preservation, restoration, and education of the culture and history of Hawai'i.
IncludesAll taxes, fees and handling charges Beverages Buffet dinner Live commentary on board Local guide Live entertainment Gratuities (optional) Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase - 1 complimentary drink included) Hotel pick-up and drop off
- If you require a vegan or vegetarian entree, please call 808-326-7122 to confirm prior to your tour • A portion of all proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations for the preservation, restoration, and education of Hawaiian culture and history, its coral reefs and coral reefs around the world
- You are welcome to bring your own snorkel mask, fins, and snorkels. However, full-face masks are strictly prohibited
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability