Big Island: Kona 2-Hour Small Group Surf Lesson16 Reviews
Learn to surf on Hawaii Big Island at a small group 2-hour session, and enjoy the warm, blue waters of Kahaluu Bay. Friendly and professional surf instructors will have you riding the waves in just minutes, with tutorials matched to your skill level.
- Learn to surf on Hawaii's best snorkeling and surfing beach
- Get personalized attention tailored to your skill level
- Enjoy all the best equipment and safe storage for your belongings
- Discover how to pop up on your board to catch the waves
- Tailor the lesson to match your ability
DescriptionThere is a saying in Hawaii that 'you never forget your first wave,' and this surf lesson in Kahaluu Bay brings that saying to life, providing quality surf instruction to people of all ages and skill levels. The 2-hour surf lessons are designed to teach people how to surf safely and effectively from the best surfing and snorkeling beach in Kona, Hawaii. Upon arrival at the surf shop, you will be outfitted with reef booties and rashguards. Then, before entering the water, learn how to paddle and pop up on land, as well as important surfing etiquette and how to wipe out properly. Once you are comfortable, it’s off to the water to practice your skills on the long rolling waves of Kahaluu Bay. Your surf instructor will help you catch the waves, letting you know where you need to be, when to paddle, and when to pop up. They will even give you a little push to ensure that you catch every wave you paddle for. For more advanced surfers, instructors offer advice on how to turn and catch larger waves. Instructors work in small groups, with no more that 3 participants per teacher to ensure maximum attention and a highly personalized experience.
IncludesSurfboard Rashguard Reef booties Towels Sunscreen Snacks and drinks
- Please call 808-322-4338 during regular business hours to cancel or reschedule your booking. As a lesson has been reserved for you with a specialized instructor to match your specific ability level, changes and cancellations not made at a minimum of 24 hours prior to the start of your lesson are non-refundable. All surf lesson rescheduling after the 24 hours grace period is subject to a USD 20 charge. Same-day cancellations and/or no-shows will incur the full charge of the lesson
- It is recommended that children under 10 take a private surf lesson
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability