My Guide Website?
Big Island: Private Hidden Craters Hiking Tour
Venture onto private land behind three locked gates to explore the upper slopes of Kona’s own volcano called Hualalai. Journey to volcanic sites and gain unique and exclusive access.
- Get exclusive access onto Hualalai volcano and into a native forest
- Stand on the edge of precipitous volcanic craters
- Make your way through an intact lava tube
DescriptionMeet at the designated location and embark on a hike up the cool and misty lava-scaped slopes of Kona's own Hualalai Volcano. Enjoy exclusive access to this stunning mountain which offers a bird's eye view of Kona's lava history. Experience the surreal scene of black lava flows and native dry land forest at 6,500 feet (1,981 meters) of elevation as your guide takes you off-road through multiple locked gates. See firsthand the geologic forces that created the islands at the heart of Hualalai’s 1801 eruption, the Kaupulehu Crater. Travel to magnificent coastal viewpoints and stunning lava formations, walk amidst a forest of native birdsong, and scramble through a 'lava tube.'
IncludesNature guide Filtered water Walking sticks Day packs, warm wear, and rain gear Sunscreen and bug repellent Local taxes
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain
- Be ready to encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions