My Guide Website?
Big Island Volcano Adventure: Full-Day from Hilo6 Reviews
Explore Volcanoes National Park and see many of Hilo’s other highlights as well on this full-day tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Hawaii:If youʻre booking your trip to Hawaii last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Volcanoes National Park
- Peer at the depths of Kilauea Crater
- Walk through an ancient lava tube
- Drive through historic Hilo town
- Marvel at Akaka Falls
DescriptionThe highlight of our Hilo adventure is a visit to the world-famous Kilauea Volcano, which has been erupting continuously since the 1980s. Your guide will tell you about the history of the volcano on your visit to the park and the Kilauea lava flow. On our Big Island Volcano Adventure enjoy the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park - Visitor Center, an ancient lava tube, Kilauea Iki Crater and more. We’ll take you on a drive along the famed Banyan Tree Drive. The trees you’ll see on the this road were planted by various local Hawaiians, political and religious leaders, famous authors, movie stars and world adventurers beginning back in 1933. At Akaka Falls we’ll stop so you can take photos. This waterfall is 80 feet tall and nearly 100 feet wide, and flows over a natural lava cave into a large freshwater pool surrounded by thick tropical vegetation.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from most Hilo hotels Admission to Volcanoes National Park Professional guide To go' lunch
- The names and birth dates of all passengers must be entered in the 'notes to the supplier' field at the time of booking. This tour can involve hiking of up to a mile to see the lava flow. We recommend that you wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes as you will traverses sharp, uneven lava surfaces. Due to the exposure to fumes in the area of the volcano, we discourage young children, passengers with asthma, or other respiratory conditions from joining the tour to avoid potential health problems. All passengers are required to sign a release of liability form. We cannot predict weather or lava viewing conditions. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SIGHTING OF ACTIVE LAVA FLOWS.