Hilo: Small-Group Humpback Whale Expedition4 Reviews
Climb aboard the Moana Mea A'a for breathtaking views as your captain takes you to the best places to see whales playfully surfacing, tail slapping, or blowing spouts in the air. Get up close with Hilo's gentle giants on this intimate whale watching tour!
- Cruise along Hilo's breathtaking Hamakua Coast
- Enjoy a small-group experience on a vessel with a maximum of 6 travelers
- Encounter stunning marine life such as Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins and Humpback Whales
- Experience whale watching with views of the Mauna Kea Volcano as your backdrop
DescriptionPrepare for an awe-inspiring whale watching trip offering you intimate wildlife encounters off Hilo's shoreline. Begin your journey at Wailoa Boat Harbor where you will set sail aboard the Moana Mea a'a (Hawaiian for 'Ocean Adventurer'). Venture out of Hilo’s breakwall in search of these majestic creatures for an up-close and personal, once in a lifetime experience. Throughout your tour catch glimpses of Hawaii’s gentle giants and its winter visitor, the Humpback Whale. These fascinating mammals come to the warm Hawaiian waters every year to breed and give birth to new calves. While in search of whales, be delighted by pods of dolphins following and frolicking near your vessel. Before you know it, you will see one of these 40-ton giants breach the water for an unforgettable sight. Learn from your knowledgeable captain about the nonstop 6-8 week and 6,000-mile migration from Alaska, while encountering a few of the 12,000 North Pacific Humpbacks that arrive in the Hawaiian Islands each year for a season of mating, birthing, and nurturing their newborns.
Includes2-hour whale watching experience Water Juice Local Snacks Certified Captain Hotel pickup and drop-off Gratuities
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
- Whale sightings are guaranteed. If no whale is spotted, you can join another tour again for free
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability