Maui: Haleakala, Ia'o Valley & Central Maui Tour1 Reviews
Witness unforgettable views of Mt Haleakala, or the 'House of the Sun'. Discover the rare beauty of the native silversword plant. Take in the highlights of central Maui on a guided tour showcasing the very best of Maui including the iconic 'Iao Needle.
- Journey to Haleakala National Park to see the Mars-like landscapes near the summit
- Take in views of South Maui from the Haleakala Visitor Center
- Visit Makawao, a charming Hawaiian cowboy town known for its 'Paniolo' culture
- Hike through 'Iao Valley State Park to ʻIao Needle
- Marvel at the lush tropical rainforest views
DescriptionTake in the breathtaking sights and catch the highlights of upcountry Maui on this guided day tour. Start your day with a journey to Haleakala National Park to see famous dormant volcano Halekalalā, the “House of the Sun”. This National Park showcases the best of Maui in its truest and most natural form. Covering 33,000 acres of volcanic wilderness, witness the unforgettable sweeping views from what seems to be the top of the world. Discover native plants and wildlife including the rare silversword plant which only grows on the slopes of Haleakala. You will also have time to check out the Haleakalā Visitor Center’s educational exhibits. After this, take some time to enjoy lunch in Makawao Town, the former home to the 'Paniolo' or Hawaiian cowboy. Experience the eclectic local vibes, with as much diversity in shops as in people. The combination of its paniolo heritage and its lively artistic community make Makawao a unique stop on your visit to Maui. On the next part of your adventure, head to Wailuku Town in central Maui. This is the capital of Maui County and a historic plantation town. Your guide will share their insights about the local culture and history of this vibrant town. After that, don't miss out on scenic ‘Iao Valley and marvel at the famed ʻIao Needle in its towering glory. Learn about the site of a great battle between King Kamehameha I and Maui's army in an effort to unite the Hawaiian Islands. Finish off your day by climbing 133 steps to the top the ‘Iao Valley lookout where you will be rewarded by mesmerizing 360-degree views.
IncludesPickup from most Maui hotels Admission to Haleakala National Park Narrated tour by driver Audioguide in 6 foreign languages: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, French, and German (available from the Kula area up to the 9,000-foot ranger station; requires advanced reservations) Food and drinks
- Dress warmly for your Haleakala Tour as temperatures fluctuate
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 24 hours before going on this tour
- There are no refunds if the sunset is not visible due to inclement weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability