McBryde Garden: Day Pass1 Reviews
Discover the McBryde Gardens, home to the world's largest collection of native Hawaiian flora.
- Discover a multi-acre tropical oasis filled with exotic flora
- Learn about a wide array of botanicals and garden conservation
- Enjoy ample time to see the McBryde Garden at your own pace
DescriptionBoard a tram into the lush Lawai Valley and see the magnificent coastline of Kauai’s south shore while listening to commentary about your surroundings. Arrive at McBryde garden and walk amongst the world’s largest collection of native Hawaiian plant life, with endangered flora and flora that are extinct in the wild. See and smell exotic spices ranging from allspice to vanilla on the Spice of Life Trail. Take a journey back in time in the Hawaiian Life Canoe Plant Garden and along the Biodiversity Trail. This garden showcases a multitude of plants that the ancient Polynesians brought to Hawaii that provided materials to make cloth and build canoes and structures and for medicine and food. Explore the agroforestry project with spices, glimmering water features, and a canoe garden reminiscent of the voyages of ancient Polynesians. Delight in the wide variety of palms, flowering trees, ornamental flowers, and unusual plants from the tropical world. You can even visit the living laboratory where scientists are still discovering the secrets of these plants. You might catch sight of various birds living in this pristine location.
IncludesEntrance fee to the McBryde Garden at National Tropical Botanical Garden Return tram to Lawai Valley, which is hourly Gratuities
- The tour begins and ends at the South Shore Visitors Center where parking, ticketing, gift shops, and water bottle filling stations are located across the Spouting Horn
- It is recommended to dress for the weather and terrain
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY