My Guide Website?
Kauai: Full-Day Waimea Canyon & Wailua River Tour14 Reviews
Our tour of Hawaii’s Garden Isle includes a visit to majestic Waimea Canyon, called by Mark Twain the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” You'll cruise along the Wailua River and have plenty of time to enjoy the lush beauty of this special place.
- Visit Waimea Canyon State Park, the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific”
- Cruise along the Wailua River
- Marvel at the famed Fern Grotto
- See Opaeka`a Falls, where many movies and TV programs have been filmed
DescriptionJoin us for a Kauai excursion that includes a visit to Waimea Canyon and a cruise along the Wailua River. You’ll see the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” and visit many of the places made famous in movies and TV series on your Wailua River cruise. We’ll travel to Waimea Canyon by State Road 550, and your guide will point out a number of interesting sights along the way. You’ll be able to see the island of Niihau, just a short distance to the west of Kauai, as well as the Poipu Resorts on the south coast, Queen Victoria's profile and Nawiliwili Harbor. We’ll continue our adventure with a cruise along the Wailua River to the famed Fern Grotto, a natural lava rock amphitheater covered by ferns. You’ll also see the cascading Opaeka`a Falls, the backdrop for many movies and TV programs, and Coco Palms, which featured in Elvis Presley’s movie, “Blue Hawaii.” The birth stones are located here as well. This is an ancient site sacred to Hawaiians, as they considered it an important place for all Kauai kings to be born.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off Professional driver/guide Admission to Fern Grotto Wailua River cruise
- Pick-up is not available from cruise ship ports, residential areas or B&Bs. Please note that passengers in the Poipu area will not see Koloa Sugar Mill or Queen Victoria's profile.