My Guide Website?
Kauai: McBryde Garden Self Guided Visit34 Reviews
Discover the McBryde Gardens, home to the world's largest collection of native Hawaiian flora. Explore the grounds at your own pace learning about Hawaii's unique plants and environment.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Hawaii:If youʻre booking your trip to Hawaii last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover a multi-acre tropical oasis filled with exotic flora
- Learn about a wide array of botanicals and garden conservation
- Enjoy ample time to see the McBryde Garden at your own pace
DescriptionBoard a tram into the lush Lawai Valley and see the magnificent coastline of Kauai’s south shore while listening to commentary about your surroundings. Arrive at McBryde garden and walk amongst the world’s largest collection of native Hawaiian plant life, with endangered flora and flora that are extinct in the wild. Take a journey back in time in the Hawaiian Life Canoe Plant Garden and along the Tree of Life Trail. This garden showcases a multitude of plants that the ancient Polynesians brought to Hawaii that provided materials to make cloth and build canoes and structures and for medicine and food. Explore the agroforestry project with spices, glimmering water features, and a canoe garden reminiscent of the voyages of ancient Polynesians. Delight in the wide variety of palms, flowering trees, ornamental flowers, and unusual plants from the tropical world. You can even visit the living laboratory where scientists are still discovering the secrets of these plants. You might catch sight of various birds living in this pristine location.
IncludesEntrance fee to the McBryde Garden at National Tropical Botanical Garden Return tram to Lawai Valley, which is hourly
- The tour begins and ends at the South Shore Visitors Center where parking, ticketing, gift shops, and water bottle filling stations are located across from Spouting Horn
- It is recommended to dress for the weather and terrain
- Sun protection: Hat, long sleeves and/or sunscreen.
- Protection from Mosquitoes: Long sleeves/pants and/or insect repellant
- This visit takes place rain or shine.