My Guide Website?
Maui Lahaina Group Surf Lesson58 Reviews
Learn how to surf on Lahaina's beaches which offer perfect conditions for beginners. Enjoy a 2-hour surfing lesson in a small group of maximum 5 people per instructor.
- Test your surfing skills with a specialized and professional instructor
- Experience Awesome surf break with waves year round
- Experience an authentic Hawaiian excursion with local guides
- Learn proper wave techniques and etiquette
DescriptionDuring your visit to Hawaii, the birthplace of surfing, take a great opportunity to learn how to surf. Experience the calm waters of West Maui which offer perfect conditions for beginner surfers. Take part in a group lesson with a maximum of 5 surfers, which means you will have a ton of opportunity to learn from your professional surf instructor. Before you start, get you geared up with a surfboard, long-sleeve UV rash guards, and water shoes. Leave everything you do not want to get wet or whatever that does not float in the cubicles provided at the surf shop. On the beach, have a brief 15-minute 'land lesson' to go over safety measures and procedures. When your group is ready, head into the water to get started. Each surfer has their own turn to ride a wave and learn to surf. After your wave is complete, you will head back to the designated waiting area until the instructor signals for your turn again. The first few rides usually take some time, but it starts to move faster once everyone starts to get the hang of things. As an added bonus, there will be a professional photographer taking close up shots throughout your lesson. The group surf lesson is 2 hours in total from the time you leave the surf shop to when your instructor signals you back in from the water. If you do finish early, there is a beach to sit on and wait until the rest of your class is done. Once the class is over, everyone will carry their surfboards back to the shop and then head back to the beach to shower off in fresh water. Return all your surf gear back to the shop and have an opportunity to check out your surf lesson photos which are available for purchase.
IncludesSurfboard Rash guard Water shoes Professional surf instructor CPR certified instructor Group lesson
- Age limit for group lessons are 10yrs old and older
- 9yrs old and younger are recommended to sign up for our private or semi-private lessons
- You must check in 30 minutes prior to the start of your lesson at 505 Front Street, Lahaina. You will sign a liability release form and leave everything you do not want to get wet or whatever that does not float in secure cubicles.