My Guide Website?
Oahu: Mokoliʻi Kayak Rental and Self-Guided Hike2 Reviews
Experience Mokoli'i island from the sea and the mountains on a self-guided kayak and hike excursion. Reach the iconic island by kayak and choose your preferred hiking trail for epic views.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Hawaii:If youʻre booking your trip to Hawaii last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel the salty sea breeze as you paddle out to Mokoli'i island
- Pick your gear up conveniently right next to the beach
- Hike around the island for views of the Ko'olau mountain range
- Combine an ocean kayaking experience with a hiking one
- Enjoy a self-guided excursion with just your family or friends
DescriptionDiscover Oahu's eastern shores on a self-guided kayak and hike experience to Chinaman's Hat, more formally known as Mokoli'i. Feel the Hawaiian waves lap against your kayak as you make your way to the island. Then, hop off and hike around the islet for stunning views of Oahu and the vast ocean. As you kayak out to Mokoli'i, marvel at the stunning view of the Ko’olau Mountain Range and Kaneohe Bay on the East side of Oahu. Make sure to also marvel at the sparkling blue ocean surrounding you, keeping an eye out for nautical wildlife en route. Paddle to Chinaman’s Hat, then choose to hike around the islet or up to one of the defined trails. Be sure to stay on the trail and pick up any litter to maintain the island's pristine nature. The island is also a bird sanctuary and has heaps of fluffy baby chicks in the springtime. Paddle back in your own time, taking in the majestic mountain views of one of Hawai'i's most iconic islands.
IncludesOcean Kayaking Experience and Hike combo Convenient equipment delivery and pickup right next to the beach Hike around the island for views of the Ko'olau mountain range
- This is a self-guided tour, there are no tour guides present Ocean conditions can change quickly and kayaking can dangerous. That said, this is one of the safest Oahu kayak tours in the ocean under normal or ideal conditions This tour is best suited for children over 12 years old, but younger children may join the tour, especially if conditions are nice Since it’s the windward side of the island, it’s almost always breezy and sometimes very windy During summer months (end of May – beginning of Sept.) conditions are calmer and more predictable and the area is much more accessible to a beginner or inexperienced kayakers If there are storms or high winds you will be notified as soon as the tour can be rescheduled or you can be offered a full refund Please respect the local wildlife. Look, but don’t touch