My Guide Website?
Maui: Eco-Friendly Conservation Dive for Certified Divers
Embark on a small-group underwater adventure perfect for those who want to dive with a purpose. Delight in a personalized dive experience that will help you become a better diver while you learn how to make a difference and protect the oceans.
- Learn about many eco-topics including sea turtle education, coral reef conservation, and fish identification
- Dive alongside an experienced SCUBA diving instructor in an intimate setting
- Find out how to make a difference and protect the oceans during this personalized experience
- Discover the beauty of the coral reefs and marine wildlife of Lahaina
- Observe an array of Hawaiian tropical fish in their natural habitat
DescriptionEnjoy an interactive workshop-style dive with a focus on sustainability, conservation efforts, and ocean awareness. Begin at the dive shop where you will meet your certified instructor, then choose one (or more) of the workshop topics. Eco-dive topics include coral reef ecology, reef cleanup, sea turtle education, shark education, interactive fish identification, and a buoyancy workshop. Whichever eco-dive topic(s) you focus on, your passionate and experienced dive guide will customize the dive session to your interests and give your dive purpose. During the workshop, learn how to be a citizen scientist and contribute to research that protects the oceans and their flourishing ecosystems. Before you know it, you'll be ready to gear up and take off to your dive spot for a fascinating offshore eco-dive. Develop concrete skills for protecting the marine environment during your dives while receiving insights on improving your buoyancy, and much more. Benefit from a small-group adventure with no more than 4 divers per instructor. After your dive, you'll have the opportunity to debrief about all the marine wildlife and abundant coral reefs you observed while exploring the crystal clear blue waters of Maui.
IncludesEco-dive experience 4:1 divers to instructor
- Proof of an Open Water Certification is required to participate in this tour
- Flying within 24 hours after diving is not permitted
- A waiver form must be completed prior to the activity
- The local partner is committed to conservation and supports eco-tourism. They proudly offer opportunities for divers to expand their knowledge and awareness about environmental conservation efforts on Maui