My Guide Website?
From Hawaii: Historical Dinner Cruise Tour to Kealakekua Bay131 Reviews
Journey back in time to when ancient, powerful Kings ruled the rugged, fertile land of the Hawaiian Islands, on a dinner cruise to Kealakekua Bay. Travel down the Kona Coast to the Captain Cook monument.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Hawaii:If youʻre booking your trip to Hawaii last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hear the fascinating history if Hawaii with storytelling from a historian guide
- Keep an eye out for dolphins, turtles, manta rays, and seasonal humpback whales
- Tuck into a well-deserved island-style dinner and admire Kealakekua Bay
- Sit back and enjoy entertainment onboard with traditional music performed live
- Stay refreshed with a complimentary cocktail as you watch the stunning sunset
DescriptionStep aboard and step back in time. Hop aboard a sunset dinner cruise in Kona for an enchanting Hawaiian history lesson from the experts. This family adventure departs from the Kailua Pier and is narrated by a local historian tour guide, who will reveal secrets, tell stories, and share legends related to the numerous landmarks along the 12 miles of magnificent Kona coastline. Unwind while you admire Captain Cook’s Monument at Historical Kealakekua Bay (only accessible by boat or hiking) with a complimentary cocktail from a fully stocked, premium bar. Begin your delicious dinner starting with an appetizer of Mauna Loa Big Island Macadamia Nuts (Vegan/GF). Enjoy a Starter: Mauna Loa Big Island Macadamia nuts (Vegan/GF) and salad of local baby spinach, Rincon farms strawberries, Big Island feta cheese, and Candied Macadamia nuts with served with a house-made Waimea Strawberry Vinaigrette (GF). For your main course: Kona Coffee braised short rib with creamy mashed potatoes featuring a Kona Coffee Red Eye Demi-Glace; Island Baked Coconut dinner rolls served with butter (vegetarian) and island-baked coconut dinner rolls served with butter (vegetarian). Your dessert is a chocolate torte with strawberry coulis (vegetarian/GF). Keep an eye out for dolphins, turtles, manta rays, and seasonal humpback whales throughout the evening. Enjoy live music from some of the Big Island's best entertainers performing slack-key Hawaiian Style music. Catch the sunset on the water and make sure to look for the famous Green Flash, a fleeting glimmer of intense emerald light that appears on the horizon just after sunset. Other highlights include the Ahu’ena Heiau, the Holua Slide, and the famous Kuamo’o Battlefield, just to name a few.
Includes1 complimentary drink Non-alcoholic drinks Island-style dinner Live commentary on board Local guide Live entertainment
- If you require a vegan or vegetarian entree, please contact the activity provider to confirm prior to your tour
- Boarding begins at 3:30 PM, and departure is at 4:00 PM. Refunds are not provided for late arrivals
- Please carry cash if you wish to purchase alcoholic drinks from the fully stocked bar onboard