Allerton Garden: Small Group Tour
Escape to an expansive oasis of extraordinary natural beauty at Allerton Garden.
- Learn about the rich cultural history on your walking tour
- Explore a vast botanical garden and landscape-architecture masterpiece
- Stand beside the rainforest trees and meandering roots made famous in Jurassic Park
- Stroll through winding pathways and garden rooms blooming with tropical flora
DescriptionEmbark on a relaxing and informative guided tour. Discover a tropical paradise with decades of history dating back to the 1800s. Allerton Garden extends along the banks of the Lawai Stream where the valley narrows before opening onto the coast past the Spouting Horn. Along the way, you might even encounter koi fish, large bullfrogs, chickens, and ducks. This picturesque setting has been used in a number of films and TV shows including Pirates of the Carribean, Magnum PI, Starsky and Hutch, and Donovan’s Reef. Trek through winding pathways and marvel at towering rainforest trees providing you shade from the warm Kauai sunshine. You can’t miss the tall curving roots of the Moreton Bay fig trees made famous in the movie Jurassic Park. Walk through a grove of swaying golden bamboo, a flower garden, and tropical fruit trees nestled amongst bronze statues and water features. Here the focus is on landscape design but your guide will be sure to point out important species including varieties of palms, flowers, and gingers.
Includes2-hour guided tour at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens Access to Allerton Garden Gratuities
- The tour begins and ends at the South Shore Visitors Center where parking, ticketing, gift shops, and water bottle filling stations are located across the Spouting Horn
- It is recommended to dress for the weather and terrain
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY