My Guide Website?
Big Island: Exclusive Hidden Craters Hiking Tour1 Reviews
Venture onto private land behind several locked gates to explore the upper slopes of Kona’s very own volcano, Hualalai. This adventure provides intimate, unique access to the site of multiple volcanic eruptions.
- Enjoy exclusive private access onto Hualalai Volcano and a nearby native forest
- Hike through untouched cloud forest with incredible views of the Kona coast
- Stand on the edge of precipitous volcanic craters that plunge deep into the earth below
DescriptionExperience an adventure like no other on a rocky hike up the cool and misty lava-scaped slopes of Kona's own Hualalai Volcano. Enjoy exclusive access to this stunning mountain, which offers a bird's eye view of Kona's lava history. Your guide will take you off-road, through multiple locked gates and then by foot at a 6,500-foot elevation, where you will experience the surreal scene of black lava flows and native dryland forest. You will see firsthand the geologic forces which created the islands at the heart of Hualalai’s 1801 eruption, the Kaupulehu Crater. Travel to magnificent coastal viewpoints and stunning lava formations, walk amidst a forest of native birdsong and scramble through a 'lava tube'.
IncludesNature guide Walking sticks Day packs and rain gear Sunscreen and bug repellent Filtered water, sparkling water and juices Local taxes Gratuities (optional)
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain
- It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen and a light sweatshirt or jacket
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now