Big Island: Small Group Waipio Valley and Waterfall Tours4 Reviews
Explore majestic Waipio Valley, gorgeous Hamakua Coast, and multiple stunning waterfalls on the east side of the Big Island on this full day of fun and exciting adventures.
- Explore the rarely visited and sacred Waipio Valley and see the tallest waterfall on the island
- Descend down the steep road and cross streams in a 4WD vehicle for a fun and adventurous ride in Waipio Valley
- Walk through a rainforest and discover the towering Akaka Falls which plummets into a stream-eroded gorge
- Swim under a 60-foot private waterfall that appeared in several Hollywood movies
- Descend into the ancient Kaumana lava cave to learn more about the volcanic processes that continue to shape the Big Island
DescriptionAfter hotel pick-up from Kona and Kohala area hotels, head toward Waipio Valley while passing through Waimea and Parker Ranch, before switching to a 4WD van to descend into the majestic Waipio Valley. As you traverse shallow river streams and pass by taro fields surrounded by native flora and fauna, your guide will share the stories and legends of this special place while you marvel at Hawaii Island’s tallest waterfall, Hi’ilawe Falls, which cascades down 1300 feet in the back of the valley. Marvel the rugged sea cliffs and mile-long black sand beach as you head back to Waipio Valley lookout for the stunning views as you enjoy a gourmet lunch. In the afternoon, continue the drive down the scenic Hamakua Coast and visit the towering Akaka Falls, which plummet 442 feet into a stream-eroded gorge. If weather permits, you will get to swim or kayak under a private waterfall to cool down after a short hike. In Hilo, you will visit the famous Rainbow Falls, and explore an ancient lava cave to learn more about the volcanic processes that continue to shape the Big Island. The adventure ends with the return to Kona or Kohala Coast resorts via Saddle Road nestled between the world’s tallest sea mountain, Mauna Kea, and the world’s most massive mountain.
IncludesLunch Snacks Refreshing beverages Park admissions Towels Gratuities
- Please bring a swimsuit and towel, and wear comfortable summer clothing. Covered walking shoes are recommended. This tour involves easy hiking over a short distance. This tour is recommended for those ages 5 and up.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability