My Guide Website?
From Ma'alaea Harbor: Whale Watching Cruise63 Reviews
Join a 2-hour whale watching tour aboard a high-speed, triple-decker catamaran. From the third deck, you can see some of the best views of whales flapping their fins, breaching the waters, and much more.
- Climb aboard Maui's only triple-decker catamaran with great views from the third deck
- Cruise along Maui's calm waters for spectacular whale watching
- View the ocean underneath the boat through glass panels
- Benefit from the expertise of a Pacific Ocean naturalist, narrating accurate whale behaviors and where to look
- Experience the new hydrophone which allows you to listen to whale songs while they are underwater
DescriptionAfter boarding your whale-watching cruise, your onboard naturalist, captain, and crew will be just as excited as you are to see humpbacks. These 45-foot cetaceans inspire awe, delight, and excitement with their very existence. As soon as the boat leaves Ma'alaea Harbor, keep your eyes peeled for any significant movement on the surface. Especially huge clouds of misty spray in the distance (that's how a whale exhales). The whale watch naturalist will give you an exciting play-by-play on the whale's 'swimming commentary.' Some of the more popular moves whales engage in are the tail slap, the pec slap, the peduncle throw, the spy hop, and the ever hoped-for 'launch-of-an-entire-whale-from-the-water' full breach. Go down to the underwater viewing room whenever the boat is stopped. If the whales swim beneath the vessel, you can see them through the glass panels at the bottom of the hull. It is rare for a whale-watching vessel to have a glass-bottomed seating area, so enjoy it on this triple-decker catamaran. From December to April, you can climb aboard the boat and make your way to the top. This is Maui’s only catamaran with three decks, so you cannot go higher on this island. The 360-degree ocean views are fantastic, even when you go inside for a bit to take a break from the sun. The first and second decks have spacious cabins with tinted windows, making for excellent viewing through the water’s surface, regardless of the sun’s glare. Comfortable seating throughout this stable vessel ensures a relaxing time on the water while you look for these incredible marine mammals. Take advantage of the bar and snack area while you check out the boat. The crew will be happy to mix up whatever you feel like.
IncludesProfessional captain and crew All taxes, fees and handling charges Table seating Ice-cold water, soda, and juices Hydrophone A Pacific Ocean naturalist 3rd Deck views over the water
- Please provide your cell phone number for further contact in case of any changes
- Please confirm your departure time prior to arrival, departure time is subject to change based on weather and season
- Parking meters for parking at Maalaea are $0.50 per hour or $12.00 per 24-hour period
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult