My Guide Website?
Kahului: Self-Driving Audio Tour of Road to Hana59 Reviews
Explore the Hana Highway, Maui’s top attraction, with this self-guided audio tour! Dive into Hawaii’s history, explore beautiful beaches and lush jungle, and get the most of your visit to paradise!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Hawaii:If youʻre booking your trip to Hawaii last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the Hana Highway, easily the number one way to see Maui
- Soak up the sun on famous black and red sand beaches
- Hike lush jungle trails and discover a whole new world of exotic flora
- Walk through an immense lava tube in Hana
- Dive into the rich history and traditions of Hawaii
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Note: This 65+ mile-long tour covers the essentials of Maui Road to Hana in 2-3 hours. Once downloaded, your tour begins in either Kahului or Hana. From Kahului, you’ll head through the bohemian town of Pa’ia and learn about the beginnings of the Hawaiian people. Your first beach, Ho’okipa, waits just ahead, a perfect destination for windsurfing. Then, spot Maui’s famously huge waves at Jaws Beach and hear about the history of Hawaiian surfing, before officially crossing the Zero Mile Marker and beginning the Road to Hana. Get a view of a roadside waterfall next, then cruise past a grove of Maui’s famous rainbow eucalyptus. Hike the short, lush Waikamoi Ridge Trail afterward, before stopping by the Garden of Eden Arboretum for more jungle scenery. Next, enjoy Maui’s famous coastline at Kaumahina State Park and snap some great photos from Nua'ailua Viewpoint. Continuing on, you’ll have the option to take a detour along Ke’anae Peninsula and learn the history of this picturesque place. Up next is the Wailua Valley Lookout, one of the best views on the whole island. Then there’s the sleepy village of Nahiku, once home to George Harrison! Learn about the long history of the Hana Highway as you make your way to the famous Nahiku Marketplace, where you’ll find all kinds of tropical goodies. After that, explore an ancient (and huge!) lava tube. Kahanu Garden is just beyond that, with over 400 acres of exotic flora. Then, stroll along a black sand beach at Waiʻānapanapa State Park, followed by dramatic red sand at Koki Beach. Next up is Hāmoa Beach, which has been kept in more or less its natural state by none other than Oprah! Then, finish your journey by hiking the famous and scenic Pīpīwai Trail. Finally, your tour will conclude at Kipahulu Visitor Center on the eastern shore of Maui. If you begin in Hana, you’ll see all the same spots traveling in the opposite direction.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Driving tours: Use one tour per car and connect to the car speakers.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.