My Guide Website?
Oahu: Historic Honolulu Smartphone Audio Walking Tour4 Reviews
Explore Honolulu's historic district with your smartphone on this self-guided audio tour. You'll hear about many of the statues, buildings, memorials & landmarks such as the Supreme Court & Sky Gate.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Hawaii:If youʻre booking your trip to Hawaii last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Oahu: Pearl Harbor Tour with USS Arizona Memorial
- From Honolulu: Oahu Helicopter Tour with Doors On or Off
- Big Island: Full-Day Kohala Zipline and Waterfall Adventure
- South Maui: Whale Watching Cruise Aboard Calypso
- Kauai: Allerton Garden Guided Group Walking Tour
- Trust the platform with over 75 tours & 10,000+ happy customers!
- Enjoy the freedom of seeing sights at your own pace without a time limit
- Learn about the area's popular people and historical figures
- Enjoy your tour anytime or many times as you like
- Discover some of Honolulu's fascinating architectural treasures
DescriptionEmbark on a self-guided tour through the Hawaii Capital Historic District. Stroll past historical and modern landmarks while listening to the audio guide on your smartphone as we lead you on a journey through the capital city of Hawaii with the rich history and culture that defines this amazing place. Marvel at Ali'iolani Hale, home to Hawaii’s Supreme Court and the awe inspiring Hawaii Public Library. Take in the beauty of the Iolani Palace, once the official residence of the Hawaiian Kingdom’s last two monarchs and the only royal palace located in the United States. Appreciate Saint Andrew’s Cathedral, a magnificent place of worship and the Emma Square named for Queen Emma and James and Abigail Campbell. Learn about the Frank F Fasi Building, the origin of the Nagasaki Peace Bell and the Hawaii State Art Museum, dedicated to showcasing the art and culture of Hawaii. Hear the interesting stories behind the Sky Gate, Seagull Schools, the unique custom of Kapu Law and Father Damien and the Eternal Flame. Delight in the ancient folklore of Hawaii’s fabled 'little-people' the Menehune. Learn the long history of Hawaii through the statues of King Kamehameha, Patsy Takemoto-Mink and her meaning to Hawaiians. You’ll hear about the inspiring Queen Lili’uokalani and her dedication to the people of Hawaii as well as the interesting history behind the regal manor called Washington Place. Explore the architecture in the Kana’ina Building, the impressive features of the Honolulu Hale and the Kawaiahao Church with its unusual building material and royal tomb. Visit the Hawaiian Mission Houses, among the oldest Western style houses on the islands, along with the Waianae sandstone Honolulu Police Station. Check out an example of early 20th century architecture in Honolulu at the Kuma Kahua Theatre. Stroll past the historic and cultural landmarks of the Queen’s Conference Center, the Queen’s Medical Center and the Boughaus designed Hawaii State Capitol Building. Take a break in the pedestrian-only Fort Street Mall and then check out the lavish style of the once famous “Pride of the Pacific”, now the Hawaii Theatre.
IncludesDownloadable tour app for Android and iPhone Lifetime tour access
- How it works --> https://youtu.be/m44LZUgXaDM
- You need WiFi or a good mobile signal to access & download the Tripvia Tours app (separate from Get Your Guide App)
- No signal required or data used during the tour
- After booking, you’ll receive email/text confirmation with getting started instructions
- Although you'll book for a specific day, the tour is available any time after booking confirmation
- The number of people you select is the number of devices you can download the tour to